Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Mark's Big Ride




Mark’s Trek Across America

June 20, 2010 to August 9, 2010

This summer I will turn 50 ... to celebrate and carry on my father-in-law's legacy, I will be riding my bike across the country in support of the American Lung Association.

What is Mark's Trek Across America?
A bike ride that makes a difference, improving the quality of life for families living with lung disease. Pledges raised will help search for cures, keep kids off tobacco, and fight for laws that protect the air we all breathe. The work of the American Lung Association helps to save lives every day.

My ride will start in Astoria, Oregon and will include some of the most beautiful and scenic areas in America and Canada. I will cover almost 4,000 miles in 50 days and complete by ride in Portsmouth, New Hampshire. Along the way, I will meet and talk with local media, residents, and people suffering with lung disease to help raise awareness for this important cause.

Why I am Riding?
My father-in-law, Leo Lambert, passed away several years ago. Leo was a 10 year American Lung Association volunteer and always put others first ... he taught me to help those in need and to maintain a healthy, active lifestyle.
I am riding in Leo's honor. My ride will help carry on the important work Leo started and treasured so dearly. He was, and continues to be, an inspiration to us all.


What Can You Do?
I hope you will join me in my effort to raise $25,000 to help make a difference in the lives of millions of adults and children who are living with chronic lung disease and asthma every day. Secure on-line donations can be made at www.markstrek.info. All donations are tax deductable.

There are significant benefits, recognition, and opportunities for sponsoring organizations. My larger sponsors will be prominently displayed on my riding jersey, web page, as well as in media coverage I will have along the route. Sponsorship will position organizations with a strong local and national demographic, and provides significant public relations and philanthropic benefits. It is truly a win/win opportunity.

Who to Contact for More Information?
Learn more at www.markstrek.com or contact Mark Koltz:

Mark Koltz
7512 Midas Touch
Columbia, MD 21046
410-440-4631

www.markstrek.com

mkoltz@comcast.net

LinkedIn

www.linkedin.com/in/mkoltz

www.facebook.com/mark.koltz

Thanks so much for helping! Together, we are improving life, one breath at a time.

No comments: