2010 National Capital Tour de Cure
Father’s Day - June 20, 2010
Tour de Cure is our annual premier cycling and fundraising event
offering bike routes for families and the avid cyclist.
• What: Tour de Cure is a challenging cycling event that allows both the avid and recreational cyclist to raise money for diabetes research and educational programs.
• Where: Reston Town Center, Reston, VA
• When: Sunday, June 20, 2010 (Father’s Day)
• Attendance: 1,400 Cyclists, 300 Volunteers
• Benefits: All funds raised support the American Diabetes Association in our mission to prevent and cure diabetes and to improve the lives of all people affected by diabetes.
· WHERE: Reston Town Center, Reston, VA
• WHEN: Sunday, June 20, 2010
• Ride options:
• 100 Mile - Century Ride
• 63 Mile – Metric Century
• 32 Mile – ½ Metric Century
• 20 Mile– Fitness Test Ride
• 17 Mile – Mountain Bike Ride – NEW this year!
• 1-12 Mile – Family Fun Ride
• WHO: Anyone who owns a bike! This year Gold’s Gym will host a Cycle-a-Thon on stationary bikes for anyone who would like to get involved, but does not own a bike.
• GOAL: To raise over $600,000 – HELP US REACH THIS GOAL!
Diabetes affects 23.6 million children and adults in the US. Diabetes is a disease in which the body does not produce or properly use insulin, a hormone that is needed to convert sugar, starches and other food into energy needed for daily life. It was the seventh leading cause of death listed on U.S. death certificates in 2006. For more information please visit our website at diabetes.org.