Sunday, June 21, 2009

Perseverance!


As a bicycle mechanic I get the opportunity to see all sorts of home-brewed attempts at bicycle repair. The tube pictured is one of my favorites. The reason I like this botched repair so much is because of the determination and love behind it. As I held the tube in my hand which had more holes in it than a car parked in downtown Frederick, I could feel the frustration of the father. I also sensed his determination as he tried desperately to fix his son’s bike. This kind of determination could only exist when a parent is trying to be a ‘hero’ for their child. It is a determination I have been fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of countless times. At the end of the day daddy solved his son’s problem (with a little help). Today is Father’s Day and to all the fathers out there that happen across this blog I wish you a very happy day. Keep on fixing those bikes but remember we are here when you need a hand.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Father's Day special. Hang in there son, your little guy will wish YOU a happy Father's Day next year.